Friday, February 8, 2013

Wreck-It-Ralph

A couple months ago, my husband and I had the chance to get out for a date night (it only took us 8 months...). Some wonderful friends of ours gave us a pair of movie tickets, so we thought we'd go to the new movie Wreck-It-Ralph.

(Click here to watch the trailer)

I had seen this trailer right before I saw Brave. I'm not usually the type of person to say, "I want to see that" after just watching the trailer (most of the time, I wait to hear how a movie does and see the reviews), but I had a good feeling about this one. And I was right. 
Wreck-It-Ralph totally lives up to being an original film. You don't see many movies where the setting is the inside of the world of digital (in this instance, games) after all. :) The movie is about Ralph, who is the bad guy who wrecks a big building in the game Fix-it-Felix Jr. But Ralph is tired of being the bad guy and tired of being treated like he's nobody. So he leaves his game to win himself a medal in another game, thus thinking that this will prove that he can be a good guy too.

  • Age Appropriateness: All ages! Wreck-it-Ralph is a movie that is enjoyable for both kids and adults. Especially for those who are into gaming, and especially into the old-school games. 
  •  Content Rating: I would say this is G. I can't recall anything objectionable. Of course, one of the games is about alien bug invaders and everyone in that game carries a gun, but there's no blood and it's really not too bad. Maybe some sensitive kids would get a little scared from the bugs, but it' not too likely. 
  • Overall Rating: 5/5. I would totally buy this movie. It has some great characters, great music, lots of funny parts, and great animation. I would recommend it to anyone!
  Movie Poster picture: http://www.kulfoto.com/movie-posters/wallpaper/1/33515/wreck-it-ralph-poster-5

No comments:

Post a Comment