Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Duck at Daybreak

Most people wake up to birds singing sweetly in the trees. I woke up this morning to a duck quacking in the canal. Haha, it was great! :)

So, let's see, recent happenings...Well, I'm just working hard at getting Savior of the World all put together. Can't remember if I mentioned that I'm in charge of putting that show together for the ward Christmas party, but I am! I'm very excited and hope that things turn out awesome! :)

This last weekend we went to Twin Falls to visit family for Conference weekend. It was great and wonderful to hear all of those wonderful talks. Really felt the spirit. :) We had a fun time, all together. We didn't do anything amazing (except watch conference :) ) but we had a fun time. I just love spending time with the family, no matter what! The hardest thing though was not eating any sugar. My mom always makes the best food, and that includes the best desserts too. She made some peach cobbler and THAT was hard to resist! I had a teeny tiny taste of it though, and that was good enough for me. It was delicious!

We also went shopping to TJ Maxx while we were there. It was fun. I found a jacket I really liked, but even at TJ Maxx, it was a little more than we could really afford. It would have been nice to have, but it wasn't necessary, so with a sigh, I set it back on the rack like a good girl. I'm proud of myself though that I can do that. Sometimes it is sooooooooooooooo hard, but then I'm glad that I'm able to say no and save the money. I'm sure Brandon is glad too. :)

I'm getting more hours with babysitting. It's going good, and I'm enjoying it. Kids are so much fun to be around, and they are soooooo cute too! I'm going to love being a mom someday.



Ballet is fun too! We just started turns (piruettes, I think that's what it's called...pretty sure that's not how you spell it too! haha!) I've done those in Jazz before, but these are a little different, and I REALLY need to work on landing. It's a lot harder than you'd think actually. But I know I can do it! :)

So I got some essential oils from Young Living yesterday! I am sooooooooo excited to try these out! I am really hoping that all of this helps me to become healthier and solve a few issues I have. I really want to learn all I can about these things too! It will be a fun adventure! :)

Well, I don't want to ramble too much about everything and bore everyone, so I think I'll just wrap things up right here. Oh, and while I'm at it, I think I'll post the video of the week as well. :) This one is entitled Basil and Mrs. Brisby Beauty in the Breakdown starring Basil from The Great Mouse Detective and Mrs. Brisby from The Secret of Nimh by boebliek. Not a fan of The Secret of Nimh myself, but I thought this crossover was really well done! Just short and sweet. Here it be! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment